Website powered by

Destiny (Titan & Warlock)

Destiny: A Titan & Warlock cosplay for Pax 2014 and Destiny launch!
Project includes craft foam, fabrics, and a Ghost! This build was particularly hectic due to many start / stops, my contract nearing an end, coupled with interviews, and that looming Pax date...

Destiny wasn't released yet, so I referred to the E3 footage
and whatever google has yielded.

Destiny wasn't released yet, so I referred to the E3 footage
and whatever google has yielded.

Making some notes.

Making some notes.

Blocked the helmet in Maya.

Blocked the helmet in Maya.

Unwrapped in Pepakura. Only 10 pages~

Unwrapped in Pepakura. Only 10 pages~

Pieces cut & masking taped together for a test fit.

Pieces cut & masking taped together for a test fit.

Once happy, I dismantled & traced the pattern onto regular 5mm craft foam with a ball point pen.

Once happy, I dismantled & traced the pattern onto regular 5mm craft foam with a ball point pen.

Used an electric, hot knife for most foam cuts.

Used an electric, hot knife for most foam cuts.

 For the visor, I went high-tech & hot glued black pantyhose with chicken wire behind to help hold the shape.

For the visor, I went high-tech & hot glued black pantyhose with chicken wire behind to help hold the shape.

To cleanup my sloppy cut work, just insert some 3d printed pieces~

To cleanup my sloppy cut work, just insert some 3d printed pieces~

o help smooth out seams & prep for painting, I've used Liquitex's flexible modeling paste. Works like spakling. Found this stuff at Michaels.

o help smooth out seams & prep for painting, I've used Liquitex's flexible modeling paste. Works like spakling. Found this stuff at Michaels.

I've eyeballed the rest of the armor here on out. Traced some shapes on a paper bag, transfer & cut into foam. I've also used a heat gun to help aid in bending the foam.

I've eyeballed the rest of the armor here on out. Traced some shapes on a paper bag, transfer & cut into foam. I've also used a heat gun to help aid in bending the foam.

A 3d printer was used for more unique, duplicated pieces. Used a flat nib hot knife attachment for indents & rivet pieces

A 3d printer was used for more unique, duplicated pieces. Used a flat nib hot knife attachment for indents & rivet pieces

For the crest, Bev quickly sculpted something in Zbrush.

For the crest, Bev quickly sculpted something in Zbrush.

My printer can only print in a 4 inch volume, so had to break it into smaller chunks.

My printer can only print in a 4 inch volume, so had to break it into smaller chunks.

Coated everything with black Plastidip to seal & prime for acrylic paints.

Coated everything with black Plastidip to seal & prime for acrylic paints.

Alongside foam-smithing, Bev enlisted the help of a friend to aid in sewing. 
Photos lacking, we pushed further to get both costumes done for Pax. One, two, skip a few, costumes are done in time for Pax & Bungie launch event!

Alongside foam-smithing, Bev enlisted the help of a friend to aid in sewing.
Photos lacking, we pushed further to get both costumes done for Pax. One, two, skip a few, costumes are done in time for Pax & Bungie launch event!

Needless to say, we were a hit at the launch party.

Needless to say, we were a hit at the launch party.

One of the only photo of us without being swarmed with people :D

One of the only photo of us without being swarmed with people :D